Summary: Our client is a large scale urban development firm keen on making a significant contribution to Kenya’s renewed growth in economic and social development.
They hold a visionary concept aiming to shift urban development in Kenya from the familiar single node model to a decentralized urban environment.
They are looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to the Managing Director who will also serve as the Office Manager.
The incumbent will be required to provide professional support to the East African MD and manage day to day administrative functions.
- Organize and maintain the MD’s diary and make appointments.
- Arrange for flawless local and international travel, accommodation and visa arrangements as well as prepare weekly and monthly travel reports in coordination with the Office Assistant.
- Develop and maintain a contact database for clients, vendors, key stakeholders, regulators, etc. and ensure that this is updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure all documents from CEO’s office are professionally styled and presented in accordance with corporate standards.
- Verify all departmental /MD bills and expense claims and forward to Finance for payment.
- Ensure that all physical and electronic records including company documents are safely kept and a record of the same retained at all times.
- Create and maintain a database of Annual Financial Reports for key sectors such as banks, publicly listed companies, stockbrokers and real estate firms. In addition, maintain a library with all relevant publications and reference materials.
- Arrange and coordinate corporate and staff events including conferences.
- Manage support staff and administrative corporate services providers including catering, office vehicle, cleaning services, etc.
- Produce and distribute documents, briefing papers, corporate reports, minutes and presentations as and when needed.
- Deal with routine and non-routine correspondence.
- Handle personal requests of the assigned individual with time permitting.
- Act as interim HR coordinator.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree / Diploma in Business Administration / Secretarial
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in a similar position; international exposure will be a plus.
- High level computer proficiency. Mac experience helpful. PowerPoint proficiency also key.
- Professional typing speed.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Swahili. Knowledge of a foreign language of any European country will be an added advantage.
- Strong analysis skills, including recognizing and solving problems, without active supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 22nd June 2015.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi,
P O Box 6416, Nairobi,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.