PAC (Pan Africa Christian) University, a Chartered Private University, is seeking to fill the position outlined below from suitable candidates.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: Deputy Registrar – Finance
The Deputy Registrar Finance will provide leadership to the finance department and ensure the university has effective financial systems and internal controls and oversee processes including but not limited to budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, and audit.
- Education: an earned Master’s Degree in Finance;
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a similar position in a well-established Finance Department
- Certified Public Accountant (Kenya) and or Certified Public Secretary
- Strong finance skills – Budgeting, Internal Audit, Cash flow Management
- Strong leadership skills that promote dedication, growth and excellence;
- A good understanding of the existing Government policies and international standards that guide finances and procurement;
- A broad awareness of the factors and conditions that shape the development of higher education in Kenya and beyond;
- Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
- Financial strategy and planning, monitoring, management and reporting, including management and development of policies, systems, processes and personnel involved.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of accounting and management reporting systems that contributes to and aid management monitoring and decision making.
- Provide pro-active financial management. This includes making presentations on cost benefit analysis of business plans.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports and statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements/ reports for Management and Council and ensure high integrity in the maintenance of debtors and creditors ledger.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including annual reports and accounts.
- Supervise the preparation and remittance of statutory deductions and filing the relevant statutory returns; and supervising posting of cash disbursements and receipts, preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Prepare schedules for annual audit and participate in activities pertaining to annual audit.
- Financial staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or other seniors.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to
The HR & Admin Manager,
Pan Africa Christian University,
on email to email@example.com;
not later than Friday, 3rd July, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke