Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Purpose of the Job: Provide management, supervision and support to operations employees performing the daily activities of the operations department in line with company goals, practices and procedures.
To contribute to the continuous improvement of the operations department by attending to and resolving concerns related to safe and efficient passenger transportation.
- Ensure that passenger transportation services are professionally provided
- Plan transportation services for all bus routes, both long term and short term
- Develop and monitor bus routes
- Set schedules, expectations and guidelines for bus drivers and assistants
- Ensure operations run smoothly and on time
- Investigatory work concerning new routes and possible take-overs
- Ensure effective crisis management and service issue resolution
- Determine possible risks and the mitigation there of
- Ensure effective cost management through monitoring operations staff attendance
- Monitoring, controlling and verifying overtime
- Maintain operations budgets
- Timeous and accurate projections with regard to resource requirements
- Ensure optimum resource utilization
- Maintain all systems in the department
- Ensure the service provided is of high standard
- Ensure service levels are continuously reached
- Direct and control Operations staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the agreed level of performance i.e. provide direct coaching & support
- Identify training needs for operations personnel & liaise with training to ensure the skills gap is addressed
- Train subordinates to maintain his/her duties in his absence
- Matric/Senior Certificate
- Transport Diploma
- Financial Management/ Bookkeeping/Logistics post school qualification is highly recommendable
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- At least five years relevant operations administration at management level experience.
- At least three to five years financial and logistical governance management working experience.
- Experience within public transport industry – highly recommended
- Excellent administrative reporting skills.
- Computer Literate. MS Office Suite/relevant company software
- Excellent interpersonal skills; decision making, communication (verbal, written, listen), adaptive, conflict management, integrity, influencing, planning, organizing and team work.
- Excellent corporate governance and adherence skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted