Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Consultants
Farm Africa’s mission is to reduce poverty permanently by unleashing African farmers’ abilities to grow their incomes and manage their natural resources sustainably.
A core part of our strategy is to ensure that our interventions are both economically sustainable and scalable.
The systematic integration of market linkages in implementing programmes is crucial to our ability to scale our interventions cost-effectively.
Our Values: Farm Africa seeks to engage those who believe, as we do, that farmers can and will play a key role in achieving long-term rural prosperity in Africa and who seek to deliver on those beliefs by:
- Being experts in our field; delivering insightful /impactful evidence-based solutions
- Pushing boundaries; being creative with new and old solutions
- Acting for the long-term; building relationships and delivering long-lasting change for farmers
- Working flexibly; taking advantage of the most effective solutions, whether from the communities, private sector or government
- Sharing knowledge with others; reaching more farmers than we do alone, ensuring effective technologies are widely accessed.
Qualifications and Required Competencies
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in carrying out household baseline surveys, project evaluations and value chain studies, with a focus on agriculture and nutrition related interventions.
- Demonstrate academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, baseline and evaluation design and implementation.
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills.
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of agriculture-based enterprises and value chains approach.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- The lead researcher should possess an advanced degree in statistics, agricultural economics, agriculture, sustainable rural development, economics, gender development, business development or related subjects.
- Previous knowledge of conducting surveys and value chain studies.
- Experience evaluating projects implemented by grantees through challenge funds, and development organizations
How to Apply
If interested, please send CV and contact to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26 2015.