Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
Our vision is to procure, process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit a dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individual to fill the position of Managing Commissioner to drive the Commission in achieving its objectives and effectively supporting the realization of Vision 2030.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
The Managing Commissioner shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Commission, responsible for the day today running of the Commission, overall leadership and implementation of Board’s mandate.
He/she will be accountable to the Board of Commissioners.
- Providing, directing and coordinating overall leadership and administration of operations of the Commission under the guidance of the Board.
- Developing short term corporate strategies for Board approval and implementation as stipulated in the Commission strategic Plan.
- Managing Internal multi-disciplinary teams and external parties to ensure agreed corporate objectives are realized.
- Cultivating innovation and creativity environment, employee satisfaction, providing a safe and productive employee environment.
- Developing performance standards together with mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements and establishing mitigation measures against emerging business risks.
- Promoting the Commission’s image and developing good working relationships with all stakeholders and partners while promoting the principles of good governance in the Commission.
- Developing networks and partnerships for enhancement of business opportunities
- Advising the Board of Commissioners on operations, investment planning and sustainable development of Commission interests.
- Formulating a comprehensive workforce succession plan to ensure availability of qualified human resources.
- Advising the Board of Commissioners concerning future activities of the Commission and on the objectives and policies while mitigating risks which would affect the smooth management of the Commission.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a holder of a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, preferably in Engineering, Agricultural sciences, social sciences, Law, Finance or other related fields.
- Be a holder of Master’s degree in a relevant field will be mandatory and where applicable, the applicant must be a registered member of the relevant professional body.
- Demonstrate prudent financial management skills.
- Have at least 10 years relevant work experience in Senior Management position(s) preferably in food processing industry/fast moving consumer goods.
- Be a person of high integrity and meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Have exceptional visionary leadership and negotiation skills with capacity to engage with local, regional and international organizations.
- Have excellent communication, presentation, strong interpersonal and analytical skills, organizational and team leadership capabilities.
- Possess demonstrable change management leadership qualities and transformative capability.
- Be self-driven, innovative, dynamic and capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Have the capacity to mobilize financial resources for Commission.
- Demonstrate understanding of Kenya’s livestock sector and international trade requirements will be an added advantage.
In addition one should have a certificate of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
If you believe you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please send your application together with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of at least three referees and day time contacts In an envelope clearly marked-application for the position of managing Commissioner to the postal address below or deliver by hand to KMC Athi River so as to reach us not later than 26th June 2015 at 4.30 p.m.
The advert is also available in the Kenya Meat Commission website www.kenyameat.co.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Board of Commissioners,
Kenya Meat Commission,
P.O. Box 2-00204,
KMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.