Logistics & Procurement Intern
Regional Office Nairobi
Background: DRC is an international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997.
Using a human rights framework, the DRC Horn and Africa and Yemen (HOAY) operation focuses mainly on populations affected by displacement in Kenya, Uganda, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Yemen and regional mixed migration flows.
DRC aims to create a synergy between the different humanitarian aid and development projects in the HOAY – both in terms of geographical coverage and types of activities implemented in support of refugees and populations displaced or otherwise affected by conflict, consequences of climate change and natural hazards in the region.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organisational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict.
DRCs current regional objective is to support and strengthen a regional protection framework for displacement affected communities throughout the Horn of Africa and Yemen.
The region has developed a programme framework specific for the current context in which all projects and programmes contribute.
Purpose: The Logistics and Procurement Intern’s main objective will be to provide administrative support to the Procurement, assets, fleet and warehousing teams at the Regional office.
- Updating the procurement tracker based on activity
- Processing payment requests
- Filing of all procurement closed documents in accordance to DRC archiving procedures
- Reconciling vehicle fuel statements and processing payments
- Reconciling taxi statements and processing payments
- Updating asset central register and filing of all related documents for assets tracking.
- Consolidating monthly country Logistics and procurement reports.
- Processing purchases related to Regional office departments below the ITB procurement thresholds.
Reporting Arrangements: Reporting to Regional Procurement Officer
- University degree in logistics or business related field.
- Good interpersonal working relationships
- Strong planning skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Power point, word and outlook
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new environment
Duration: The internship is for a period of 6 months
General Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework. Learn more on www.drc.dk
Application and CV
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter marked in the subject line “Procurement & Logistics Intern” to email@example.com no later than 14 June, 2015.