AFEX, a Lonrho company, provides camp construction, catering, management and logistics support to the Oil and Gas, Mining, UN and NGO sectors, in some of the most remote corners of Africa.
With headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, AFEX provides international standard service delivery, combined with 30 years of regional operational experience.
The AFEX Team is dedicated to ensuring clients have peace of mind that their projects will run on schedule and to budget, with their personnel being cared for to a high international standard.
AFEX wishes to recruit a competent, innovative and self-driven person to fill the following position:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, scheduling and overseeing services to a Bistro Style Restaurant outlet located in River Camp Village (Republic of South Sudan). Outlet is open for 3 meals per day serving a combination of Residents and Non Residents with approximately 50 to 75 covers per day.
Ideal experience would include 4* / 5* Restaurant or Hotel Food Outlet such as Coffee Shop / Grill Room, concept development for “Theme Day Events”, staff training, etc. Interacting with clients is essential for this role.
He/she will be reporting to the Hotel Services Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand completely all policies, procedures standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently served according to the serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continuously strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment are kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection.
- Direct, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Executes all other tasks as requested by the manager.
- Must have previous 5years experience in a 4*/5* Catering/restaurant in a similar position.
- Must have strong and friendly personality
- Good background with high standards of service required in the Restaurant
- Creative and enjoy doing practical work
- Ability to train staff to deliver superb customer service
- Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure
- Must be computer literate and able to handle Administrative tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and to maintain the pace of service is required
- An orientation to detail and the ability to quickly understand facts are required
- Must be willing to work and relocate to Republic of South Sudan
Applicants meeting the requirements should send their application and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving names and contact details of three referees by Friday, 12th May 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who do not have the relevant years of experience in a similar position NEED NOT apply.