Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937.
Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius.
It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges - The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Head of Internal Audit (Kenya).
The post holders will report to the Board Audit Committee and will be based in Nairobi.
Role Purpose: Oversee the Internal Audit function in the Company and to audit the related companies at Management’s request.
- Drawing an annual audit plan by beginning of every year and presenting to the Board Audit Committee for approval;
- Ensuring audits are carried out as per plan;
- Conducting branch and regional audits;
- Preparing reports for the Board Audit Committee highlighting key weaknesses/risk areas;
- Liaising with Management to facilitate implementation of audit recommendations;
- Providing strong leadership and supervision to all Staff in the Department and ensuring they are trained and developed to meet new challenges in audit. Regularly monitoring staff performance and ensuring results are achieved as per agreed targets and objectives.
- Facilitating and implementation of the annual audit plan.
Qualification and Experience
- Masters Degree In degree in Business Administration from a recognized University;
- CPA (K) qualification or equivalent.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively;
- High level of independence, honesty and integrity;
- Knowledge of Internal Audit Preparation, Planning and Coordination;
- Internal Controls Assurance;
- Conduct Financial Investigations;
- Accounting operations;
- Supervise audit teams;
- Ability to perform value for money reviews;
- Basic training in human resources management;
- Good report writing and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes;
- Ability to interact with senior management and act as a change agent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at senior managerial level with 5 years in auditing gained in a large reputable auditing firm or reputable commercial organization.
All applications should be made through recruitment@Jubileekenya.com by COB on 18th June, 2015.
For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.