Job Title: General Manager - Hospitality
Salary: 200K – 300K
Our client is a premier golf club with a membership capacity of over 1500 private members. Their key facilities include a club house, modern changing rooms, state of the art Life fitness gym facility, a soccer pitch, jogging track and the golf course which is today a modern facility set to international golfing standards.
They seek to hire a dynamic and competent individual to fill in the position of General Manager.
Areas of focus:
- Member satisfaction through outstanding service, communication and teamwork
- Rapport and trust with staff at every level of the organization
- Accountability for the annual operating/capital budget and human resources workforce programs
- Strategic planning, inclusive of balancing the return on investment with the expansion of services/programs that reflect the dynamic needs of the Membership
- Vendor management and stewardship of resources
- Integration of programs and activities into a seamless operating model that enhances the reputation and brand of the Club in the community and fosters the “family club” experience for the Membership
- Manage and administer all Club activities; devote abilities to the operation of the Club and its facilities.
- Provide the overall administration of the Club pursuant to the policies and directives adopted and within the general provisions of the Club Rules.
- Oversee the hiring, supervision and termination of all Club personnel in cooperation with Human Resources
- Communicate and reinforce a guiding management philosophy of ethics and values.
- Ensure job descriptions, goals, objectives, and performance standards are provided for all positions.
- Perform annual performance appraisals for all Department Heads and also ensure that all personnel have received an approved annual performance appraisal from their supervisor.
- Ensure that effective programs are in place and utilized to train and develop employees to perform their job duties at levels that will meet or exceed Club standards.
- Ensure Human Resources policies, rules, personnel procedures, and benefit programs are documented and understood by all employees.
- Ensure development and implementation of safety programs that will provide for the safety and well-being of all personnel, members, and their guests while on Club property.
- Ensure that the clubhouse and all other Club facilities are in full compliance with all safety, environmental, and other regulations.
- Handle emergencies such as fires, accidents and breaches of security promptly and emphasize prevention through training and inspection.
- Develop risk management programs and provide for emergency and disaster recovery plans. Provide for records protection, retention, and recovery.
- Coordinate the various operations, departments, and activities of the Club and ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation of all Club facilities and environment.
- Develop operational policies and be responsible for the creation and implementation of standard operating procedures for all areas of the Club.
- Ensure that the standards for the Club’s food, beverage, and all recreation and entertainment operations are met or exceeded.
- Provide project management for major projects.
- Deal directly with the membership on day-to-day issues.
- Perform annual analyses of area clubs to ensure that the Club is providing competitive services.
- Use sound fiscal methods to achieve the budget objective approved by the BOD
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Club
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the club
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field of study
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Consistent track record of employment with at least seven years of senior operations leadership experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Expertise in service excellence, seasonal business operations and diverse/high-end recreational programs (golf, tennis, fitness etc.) is an added advantage
- Refined skill set in human resource management (training, performance management and development, employee engagement.)
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate a veteran staff and earn their respect.
- An outgoing and friendly personality-hands-on and member-friendly.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- A strong sense of service with proven training skills.
- The ability to see the “big picture” but also to have a critical eye for detail.
- Overall operating budget (P & L) responsibility.
- Operations management
- Financial analysis and cost-based management
- Vision and Strategic planning
- Vendor relationship management
- Human resources talent management
- Program and project management
- Public speaking, business writing, meeting facilitation and presentations
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager Hospitality) firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 18th June 2015
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Nabui House, 3rd floor, Westlands
(Next to Unga House)