Vacancy: General Ledger Supervisor
Our client, Carrefour is one of the largest French hypermarket chains in the world with 1,452 hypermarkets at the end of 2011 and more than 21,000 employees from more than 68 nationalities.
Carrefour is venturing into the Kenyan market and seeking to recruit a high caliber, results-oriented and self-driven General Ledger Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in a similar role and be responsible for the following key responsibilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Processing payroll & booking staff cost.
- Management for Staff payments
- Monthly suppliers reconciliation
- Controlling the ordering of fixed assets in compliance with company’s policy.
- Monthly reconciliation for fixed assets register
- Controlling stores CAPEX budget on monthly basis & provide reports for management.
- Booking for depreciation & reconciling integrity reports at month end closing.
- Ensuring proper classification of the different Expenses.
- Ensuring proper analysis for all P&L & BS accounts on monthly basis.(Actual Vs. Budget, provisions, expenses bench marking & expenses by sub ledger)
- Intercompany confirmations.
- Analyzing expenses accounts & providing comparisons for actual vs. budget
- Handling all petty cash TRX
- Monthly analysis for receivables & payable Accounts
- Handling daily bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Responsible for payment spooling, documentation attachments and review
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant Finance / Accounting degree / CPA (K) / ACCA from a reputable institution
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Highly motivated individual, creative, working under pressure.
- Open-minded to new ideas.
- Good Knowledge of general accounting principle and practices.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
- Ability to deal with employees at all levels.
- Team player with good interpersonal and self-management skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th June 2015.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line