My client a Business Strategy Consultancy that manages one of East Africa’s most popular comedy and hilarious TV show is in need of an Events Accountant.
We are currently looking for an Events Accountant within the Commercial Team who will assist the Events Manager / Head of Finance with optimum utilization of the Events Budget.
The primary role is to ensure that due process is followed and consistency is maintained while allocating expenditure including but not limited to submitting a complete set of Event Accounts to Finance for their review.
- Monitoring of Event Budget vs. actual.
- Produce monthly event accounts, receivables and out-standings.
- Assist in the submission of Event budgets for management approval and providing key decision support tools.
- Management and delivery of the financial results of all Events and provision of accruals.
- Ensure compliance to guidelines, protocols and procedures (highlight variations).
- Oversee book-keeping, the process of LPO’s etc., recording of expenses, event payments, invoicing and confirm recording of all event revenues and expenses, including transfers to development programs.
- Preparation & consolidation of Event Final accounts, financial reports & variance to budgets
- Work with various suppliers to reconcile all event related service invoices.
- Deal with all financial charges to members, sponsors and commercial partners.
- In line with Host agreement, review & discuss Accounting, Finance & Audit obligations of the Host including any issues having financial impact including Host expenses.
- Preparation of Event Cash flows and reviews of Host cash flows and forecasts.
- Review and monitoring of Host Budget against expenditure.
- Manage and assist in Event Audits of host expenses.
- Assist in the set up of the Finance organization structure to include review/set up structure of banking arrangements for the event, reporting of host expense statements and the approval process when required.
Skills Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
- University Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 3-5years experience
- CPA(K) or ACCA
- Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management, financial statements and financial analysis processes
- Experience with using various accounting software
- A good understanding of the financial side of events with a preference to have worked in events financial/accounting management
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Good report writing and presentation of data
- Ability to work independently
- Able to meet tight deadlines, be assertive and able to prioritize
- Good computer literacy skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) especially Excel
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to email@example.com.
Failure to provide the above information will result in automatic disqualification from the process.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted