KCA University (KCAU) is a chartered business and technology university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
We are shaping higher education in Kenya, and have embarked on a number of strategic changes, including alliances with renowned universities, development agencies and investors.
As a leading user of Technology in Education, we seek to expand our technology usage to cover all our campuses and our core teaching and non-teaching activities.
To do this, we seek to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position;
ERP Support Specialist
Job Objective: To ensure efficient operations of the University’s integrated Management Information System (MIS) through user support and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics AX – including Financials, CRM, Student Management, Examination Management and Inventory;
- Installing new applications, and customizing existing applications to fit organizational and user needs;
- Linking the MIS to the organizational Learning Management System
- Monitoring system performance to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Ensuring back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Monitoring user access and security within the system;
- Installing and testing new versions of the database management system (DBMS), and coordination of the changeover procedure;
- Maintenance of data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Policies and Procedures;
- Communication with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Resolution of basic hardware and network bottlenecks;
- Carrying out research on the needs of users and improvement on their business procedures;
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Business Information Technology or Information Systems from a recognized university.
- At least TWO years’ experience in Database Management, including a working knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on programming knowledge using Fourth Generation Languages
- Hands on knowledge of web development and maintenance
- Specific Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or the holding of other Microsoft certifications such as MCSE or MCSA will be an added advantage
Other Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Proficient use of Ms. Office Suite
- Ability to Work with cross functional teams
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, and three professional references via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 12th June, 2015.
NB: Only email applications with the subject “ERP Support Specialist” will be recognized and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Canvassing in any form with will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applications can be addressed to the undersigned;
The Human Resources Director,
P.O Box 56808-00200,