Diakonie Emergency Aid - Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following positions;
Deputy Finance & Admin Manager
Eastern and Southern Africa.
Reporting to the Regional Director
Tasks of this position (amongst others)
· Under the supervision of Finance & Admin Manager, overseeing the financial & adminstrative duties of the regional office;
· Processing of staff salaries and coordinating remittance of statutory payments in time;
· Analysing project budgets and regional office budgets;
· In consultation with the Regional Director, develop, analyze and revise the annual operating budget;
· Ensuring proper documentation of all financial transactions as well as monitoring and reviewing reports for Accuracy, Validity and Completeness;
· Ensuring procurement procedures are adhered to in accordance with the standard operating procedures;
· Advice on achievements, gaps and changes needed in the budgets;
· Acting on the absence of Finance & Admin Manager.
· Master in Business Administration, Accountancy or similar. A Bachelor degree with extensive relevant experience may be accepted;
· 5-7 years of experience working within an international NGO or similar organisation, with at least 2 years in a managerial position;
· Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability. Experience with various accounting software and multi-currency accounting;
· Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills;
· Willingness and ability to travel to remote areas to visit local partner organizations.
Based in Nairobi
Reporting to the Program Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) required, graduate degree preferred;
· Studies in international development and/or humanitarian assistance;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills;
· Some practical experience would be prefered.
To receive an application form, send an email to: email@example.com
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 21st June 2015.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.