Vacancy: Coordinator Capacity Strengthening (East Africa)
Background: The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a non-profit public international organization addressing critical issues such as food security, the alleviation of global hunger and poverty, environmental protection and the promotion of economic development and self sufficiency.
IFDC works collaboratively with various institutions including governments, the public sector, national agricultural research and extension systems, universities, International Research Systems and other stakeholders to implement research and training programs to enhance agricultural performance.
To support its projects IFDC needs to fill the following position of Coordinator Capacity strengthening tenable in Nairobi.
Position Summary: The East Africa Capacity Strengthening Coordinator will lead the Capacity Strengthening activities in the East African target countries of the 2SCALE project.
Implement the 2SCALE project’s work plan, with regard to ICRA’s responsibilities and duties in East Africa.
- Develop a tailor-made Training-of-Trainers program, design and manage an in-depth capacity strengthening program.
- Establish a community-of-practice for agribusiness trainers, coaches and BSS involved in facilitation of interactive learning and collective action in support of inclusive agribusiness.
- Develop training manuals, modules and other materials, in close collaboration with ICRA staff and counterpart in West Africa.
- Write and submit timely quality progress and other technical progress reports or notes.
- Develop activity budgets whenever needed and in compliance with 2SCALE’s policies, regulations and procedures.
- Monitor expenditures vs. budgets available for activities and operations.
Supervision and performance evaluation
The Capacity Strengthening Coordinator will be supervised by and report to the ICRA East Africa project supervisor of ICRA.
He/She will collaborate closely with the Regional Agribusiness Coordinator (based in Nairobi, Kenya), with the Cluster Advisors (CA) in the target countries, as well as with cross-cutting regional staff.
In consultation with IFDC’s Regional Agribusiness Coordinator, ICRA will evaluate performance of the Capacity Strengthening Coordinator on a yearly basis.
- Advanced degree in agricultural economics, communications, extension or rural development.
- At least 10 years working experience with agriculture in East Africa. Proven experience in organizing and conducting a variety of training programs – e.g., technical, business, marketing, management, organizational and Knowledge of and experience in training and train the trainer concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels (private enterprises, farmers’ organizations, supporting public & private institutions) involved in the project and to stimulate a genuinely participatory and inter-active learning process &ability to speak and write effectively in English; some basic knowledge of French will be considered as an asset
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and frequently travel within East Africa.
- Computer literate with knowledge of relevant software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication software).
Qualified candidates are advised to visit employment portal on our website (www.ifdc.org) and apply online.