Construction Quantity Surveyor
Salary: 100k – 120k
Our client is a leading international construction company that specializes in affordable housing and building solutions through the use of IBS building systems.
They are urgently looking for qualified candidate to fill the position of Quantity Surveyor.
Job Purpose: To manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analyzing costing for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
Skills and Experience
- Degree or higher diploma in Quantity survey
- At least 5 years experience in similar role
- Must be a registered member of BORAQS & IQSK
- Impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Quantity Surveyor) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 26th June, 2015.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Nabui House, 3rd floor, Westlands
(Next to Unga House)