Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a chief of party and other experienced professionals for the anticipated USAID-funded Sustainable Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Program (SUWASH).
This five-year, $40-45 million project will focus on strengthening the ability of urban water and sanitation service providers to expand, improve, and sustain equitable services through enhanced governance and financial viability.
Its goal is to increase access to water supply, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services in targeted urban areas on a sustainable basis.
Activities will take place in South Sudan and in at least six of USAID’s WASH strategic priority countries.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chief of Party
- Master’s degree in urban planning, civil engineering, or a social science or water and sanitation related field
- At least 12 years of experience with donor-funded decentralization, local governance, or urban water and sanitation service strengthening programs, with experience in sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex, donor-funded projects with multiple activities
- Proven experience developing and working collaboratively with counterparts, other implementers, and international organizations and donors
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that demonstrate success in terms of improved governance and/or services, including water supply and sanitation
- Relevant experience integrating capacity building, gender inclusiveness, and knowledge generation into work approaches
- Ability to travel extensively over the life of the project
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
We are also seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Environmental Engineering
- Design and Construction of Water Supply Systems
- Integrated Resource Water Management
- Utility Management and Corporate Governance
- Institutional Reform
- Technical Regulation
- Project Finance
- Capital investment and Planning
- Operations and Maintenance
- Sector Policy/Legal Reform
- Economic Regulation and Tariff Structuring
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Contract and legal support
- Capacity Building
“For all positions, candidates must be fluent in English.
Experience working in the WASH sector preferred.
Send electronic submissions to SUWASHrecruit@gmail.com” by June 15, 2015.
Please include “SUWASH” and the position title in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.