Position: Assistant Shop Manager
Our client is urgently recruiting for the above mentioned position.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for offering administrative and managerial support to the shop manager in the daily operations of the shop in order to achieve maximum profitability.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree in sales & Marketing / MBA an asset.
- At least 2-4 years experience in a retail environment & 2 years in supervisory position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the shop manager in plans, preparations, and devises of work schedules, according to budgets and workloads.
- Supervises daily operation of the shop; meets, greets and assists public in selecting books/ stationary and other merchandise; supervises staff also engaged in service to the public, selling, and assisting buyers.
- Assists the shop manager in supervision and coordination of the work assigned to staff; plans staff work schedules according to projected business levels.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service are met
- Controls shrinkage of stock by customers and employees
- Participates in promotion activities within the shop, mall or TBC group as appropriate
- Responding to customer complaints and comments
- touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues
- Initiating changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market;
- Dealing with sales, as and when required.
- Find out the customer's needs
- Supervises and participates in the monthly inventory of merchandise and stock, extends and prices inventory for use in preparation of the monthly operating statement.
- Overseeing staff and providing management coverage when the shop manager is absent
- Till allocation to cashiers by assigning them after opening float is in order
- Assist shop manager while doing Cash up, banking and float management
- Preparing sales reports, GRNs, LPOs, Invoice
Duty station: Nairobi.
Anticipated start date: Immediately.
How to apply: Only applications with similar experience shall be contacted.
Please specify, job title & current/previous salary (gross pay) on subject line.
Kindly email cover letter & updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this format please on subject line: Assistant Shop Manager, current Gross Pay (XXXXXX insert salary)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.