Action Africa Help International
Job Advert: Assistant Project Officer, El Wak
Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is recruiting an Assistant Project Officer for the Somalia Country Programme.
The Assistant Project Officer, El Wak, will support the Project Manager and Project Officer to ensure that projects in El Wak achieve their objectives and targets.
S/he will provide particular inputs and guidance related to health and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), for example, community-based health education, training of Village Health Volunteers or equivalent, and training in Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS).
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in East and Southern Africa to improve the lives of livelihood-challenged communities. AAH-I has country programmes in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 20 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently, it has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities, including pastoralist communities and communities in urban slums.
The Assistant Project Officer, El Wak, will report to the Project Manager and will be a member of AAH-I’s Somalia Country Programme.
The post is based in the project office in El Wak
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A diploma or certificate in a relevant area (for instance, community development, health promotion/education, public health, and/or WASH)
- At least two years’ experience in a comparable post
- At least two years’ experience in community mobilisation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good spoken Somali and spoken and written English
- A strong understanding of the socio-cultural and political context in El Wak and South Central Somalia
- Able to operate effectively and to gain trust in politically sensitive environments
- Welcomes and values diversity, and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field (e.g. Public Health, Health Promotion or Community Development, Social Studies)
- Experience on similar projects in El Wak District or Gedo Region
The full JD is available on the AAH-I website:-www.actionafricahelp.org
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 22nd June, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer