A regulatory body seeks to engage an accountant on a contract of 6-8 months.
The incumbent will report to a statutory manager (SM) and will be assisted by two staff to undertake the following duties;
1. Prepare statements of affairs, income and expenditure statements, cash flow statements and other books of accounts including bank reconciliations and cash books;
2. Prepare and verify debtors and creditor schedules to ascertain level of indebtedness;
3. Carry out reconciliation on bank accounts, client’s ledgers as well as disbursements;
4. Review claims against payments made and pass appropriate entries to recognize liabilities;
5. Ensure compliance with IFRS and other statutory reporting and remittances;
6. Report to the statutory manager regarding the financial status of the company;
7. Prepare a comprehensive report for purposes of reporting to the regulator and a final handover;
8. Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the SM from time to time.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess hands on skills in preparation of financial statements or statements of affairs especially those of stockbrokers, investment banks, fund managers and related financial institutions;
- Must have strong attention to detail, audit and problem solving skills and able to meet deadlines;
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Must have professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CPA) or ongoing;
- At least four years working experience handling accounting or audit matters;
- Past experience in handling accounts of firms under liquidation will be an added advantage;
- Experience in use of accounting software.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may submit their applications with a detailed CV, copies of certificates, names and contacts of three referees, expected remuneration and daytime telephone contacts to;
P.O Box 49010 - 00100
Application deadline Tuesday 30th June 2015.