The Service seeks to recruit, train and deploy qualified men and women in various forest areas for protection and conservation functions.
Successful candidates will undergo a mandatory Basic Paramilitary Course before deployment.
Position: Recruit Forest Guard
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must have a minimum height for Ladies (5 feet 1 Inch) and (5 feet 4 Inches) for Men
- Must be aged between 18 and 25 Years
- Must have attained a minimum Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade of D minus.
- Must have successfully completed the Basic National Youth Service Training/National Youth Service (NYS) Paramilitary Training
- Must have no criminal record
- Must be physically fit
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment and during the period of the training
- Previous experience in a matching band will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should present themselves at the NYS Training College in Gilgil on 9th June, 2015 by 0800 hours and should bring with them the following;
- Original and photocopies of KCSE certificate
- Original and photocopies of National Identity Card/Passport
- Original and photocopies of a valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Original and photocopies of NYS Discharge Certificate
- Appropriate clothes and footwear for running.
Candidates are requested to note the following:
- The recruitment will be conducted by a team of Kenya Forest Service Officers.
- The recruitment shall be conducted transparently and shall reflect the regional diversity of the Kenyan people.
- Any person presenting himself/herself for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified identity cards, certificates or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted.
- The recruitment exercise is absolutely FREE OF CHARGE and KFS will not be responsible for any recruitment conducted outside the guidelines herein.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Successful candidates will immediately proceed for training.
The Service is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on the Kenya Forest Service, please visit our website: www.kenyaforestservice.org