Toddy Civil Engineering Company Limited is one of the leading construction companies in Kenya.
We are currently undertaking major water supply project and we are now looking for skilled and competent individuals to fill the following positions:
Superintendent of Works
- Earthworks - 3 positions
- Concrete works - 6 positions
- Pipeline works - 4 positions
Education & Experience
To qualify, the candidate shall meet the following requirements:-
- Be in possession of a National Diploma or Higher National Diploma in the field of Civil Engineering or in a related field of study
- Must have at least seven years post-graduation working experience gained in site supervision of water supply projects.
- Must possess good spoken and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili, be computer literate, honest and vigilant
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Reporting to the Site Agent the primary duties and responsibilities of the superintendent shall include but not be restricted to the following:-
- Act on behalf of the Site Agent In ensuring the consistently high standards of quality of both materials and workmanship are maintained for all the works.
- Monitor, record, and report the progress of all civil and pipeline works
- Obtain a thorough understanding of works through detailed review of all the project construction and working drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and other relevant project documents and use them as references when inspecting the works;
- Conduct visual inspection of all civil and Pipeline works. This entails undertaking a rigorous and detailed Inspection of the quality of materials and standards of workmanship installations are constructed in accordance with the drawings, specifications and approved quality.
- Identify technical problems on site and recommend corrective action in consultation with the Site Agent
- Keep detailed records of various aspects of works including a daily diary and report regularly to the Site Agent.
- Attend site progress meetings and all meetings on site relevant to the works and provide reports as per agreed templates.
- Witness testing and commissioning of all works
- Prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snag Items
Interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send their applications with detailed CVs to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Toddy Civil Engineering Company Limited,
Galana Road, Galana Plaza,
Tel: +254 720 269 224/ +254 734 840 668
Email applications are acceptable.
Applications should be submitted not later than 30th June 2015