Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Engineer – Power Support
Ref: TECHNOLOGY- SEPS-July-2013
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regional Operations Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Power Support, the role holder will be responsible for managing and coordinating technical issues relating to BTS/MSR and Remote site power equipment; coordinating Equipment Trials, Site power Upgrade Projects and equipment specification; maintaining the Site Energy Consumption database (KPLC, fuel etc); NOPEX Reporting; Pro-forma Invoice Evaluation and Invoice Processing (Per site cost analysis and improvement actions); Recovery and Decommissioning / Redeployment of site Power equipment.
The role holder will also be responsible for CAPEX planning, Forecasting and budgeting for Power Support equipment (generators, batteries, rectifiers, stabilizers, RPS systems, VRBs, Air Conditioners); BTS and MSR energy cost reviews; Replacement and upgrade of power equipment on site and Power support contractor Management.
- Develop/recommend efficient BTS/MSR power solutions;
- Track the trends of power consumptions of all sites (Ensuring BTS/ MSR generators/Aircon etc), run efficiently;
- Ensure Nopex savings from the recommended power solutions;
- Follow up with KPLC for quick commercial power restorations within agreed timelines;
- Ensure constant tracking of power connections on hybrid sites;
- Ensure decommissioning and re-deployment of equipment on hybrid sites;
- Ensure all weekly/Monthly Reports from contractors and FOs are submitted within agreed timelines;
- Analyze all reports and produce weekly/Monthly reports.
- Recommend appropriate and efficient power solutions to all assigned sites;
- Analyze all data on BTS site by site and the MSR’s (Electricity, Fuel, Leases, Power Support etc);
- Ensure that accurate supporting documentation by the contractors and FO’s are provided for raising of PR/PO’s on BTS and MSR’s payments;
- Develop appropriate and efficient database for Power support functions;
- Maintain accurate and timely updates in the database;
- Schedule generator services and overhauls;
- Carryout appropriate and timely analysis of the site power and provide quick powers solutions;
- Ensure adequate power backup systems on sites;
- Follow up with the acquisition Team for additional and adequate space for all power upgrades, where required;
- Coordinate introduction of new green power and energy efficient technologies;
- Give weekly status reports on assigned projects as per project plan;
- Carry out analysis on the performance of the existing Hybrid sites;
- Prepare business case/financial models for green power/optimized site projects;
- Conduct Fuel Management System Trial for Fuel delivery;
- Manage all the Contractor Installations of the AMR’s and manage their PAP;
- Follow up and ensure timely configuration of all installed meters;
- Follow up on the resolution of all malfunctioning meters within a specified time;
- Ensure, timely and accurate forecasting of power upgrade equipment;
- Ensure accurate analysis of CAPEX requirements for CAPEX justifications.
- University Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 3 years hands on experience in electrical/Mechanical control systems in a GSM environment;
- Excellent Communication, analytical and presentation skills;
- Computer Knowledge In Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Monday 15th July 2013.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org