Our client, Muriithi & Ndonye Advocates, a corporate law firm based in Upperhill, Nairobi is seeking a dedicated person ready to join their team immediately:
Receptionist / Secretary
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests and answering phones, handling company enquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
May also schedule meetings and travel for executives.Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing written materials (e.g. letters, memos, email, reports, instructions, etc.) for conveying information as required by the firm.
- Typing, proofreading and distributing reports, correspondence, forms, etc. occasionally of a confidential nature and taking and transcribing dictation and using word processing equipment.
- Answering the telephone, taking and relaying messages to the assigned persons.
- Scheduling and coordinating departmental activities, events, and services.
- Responding to a wide variety of inquiries for providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Providing general administrative support, emails, mails, faxes, copies, and distributing information.
- Help in managing Advocates’ schedules of official activities and appointments, including booking appointment for clients with the Advocates.
- Ensuring that the Client interaction areas, that is the reception, lounge, meeting rooms, and boardroom are well organized, neat and clean in collaboration with the support staff.
- Receiving clients and coordinating with kitchen support staff for their refreshments
- Receiving and placing calls for the Advocates.
- Typing, sending, receiving, and filing of all correspondences related to the firm.
- Giving guidance to all departments regarding referencing of correspondences.
- Receiving, opening and filing of all unrestricted correspondences and delivering confidential ones to the addressee.
- Performing general office tasks.
- Any other duty as may be delegated by the Partners.
- To ensure that order is maintained at the client interaction areas and that visitors are not idling around
- Receiving any hand delivered mails and ensuring they are placed on the respective files and delivered to the advocate dealing.
- Answering to all enquiries about the firm and directing them to the right office.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- Computer literate
Skills / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- Presentable and neat
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Outlook
- At least 2 year’s experience working as a receptionist
- Have a high level of integrity
- Be articulate and self confident
- Be professional and highly motivated
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in a proactive and efficient manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and help in decision making
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work in an environment of fluctuating workloads
- Must display a high degree of emotional maturity
- Excellent communication skills
- Be goal oriented
- Good organization and administrative skills
- A strong team player
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
If you are the person we are looking, send your CV and application letter to email@example.com by 04th August, 2013 clearly indicating ‘Receptionist’ on the subject line.
DO NOT attach any certificates.
Failure to follow instructions shall lead to total disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted