Programme Associate – Resource Centre
Overall Purpose of the Job
To assist and support the resource center in the processing of information resources (cataloguing and classification) to complete the automation process currently ongoing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the establishment of an automated charging and discharging system;
- Computerized classification and cataloguing system;
- Updating the automated system with new information as soon as information is acquired;
- Proper maintenance of the automated system;
- Establish a database of all KHRC final publications within the resource center webpage;
- Update the database of publications as they are produced;
- Proper maintenance of the database;
- Participate in all strategic exhibitions for KHRC;
- Stock taking and weeding of information materials.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Strong understanding and experience in information management work
- Proven track record of cataloguing and classification
- Knowledge of institutional repositories and e-resource management
- Ability to use an integrated library system/software
- Basic knowledge of computers (MS Office Suite)
How to Apply
If you believe you fit the profile, submit your application and CV detailing your suitability for the post and include a daytime telephone contact and three referees to email@example.com
The closing date for this position is on 22nd July 2013.
- KHRC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and will recruit the most qualified person irrespective of race, marital status, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.
- Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification. Only successful candidates will be contacted