Gross KShs 100,000 – KShs 150,000
Our client is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager who will report directly to the Directors and CEO.
The Operations Manager will provide administrative and operational support to the Managing Director.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Managing Directors, and the CEO on the delivery of the business plan
- Actively contribute to high-level strategic and business planning and lead operational planning within the Company
- Manage the regular meetings with the CEO and Managing Director including meeting schedules, agendas, papers, and minutes, ensuring their timely circulation
- Ensure that monthly reports are sent in a timely manner
- Manage human resources including all documentation, policy and procedures, ensuring compliance with laws and maintaining records
- Plan and monitor annual budgets, ensuring that budget delegation to staff is supported by clear processes and advice, and providing regular, reliable and analytic internal reports
- Work closely with the Managing Director to develop program and project budgets and set monitoring processes in place
- Maintain and quarterly review an appropriate Chart of Accounts to enable proper recording and reporting of all financial activities
- Assist the Managing Director and other staff in the preparation of financials for tender submissions
- Maintain effective, accessible and compliant financial record-keeping
- Ensure the timely and efficient administration of all banking operations both manual and online, including the electronic payroll, account scheduling and authorisation
- Monitor investment and bank accounts to ensure timely and efficient cash management of the organisation
- Ensure that all financial reports are sent to the CFO in a timely manner
Reporting and Compliance
- Maintain an updated knowledge of the company’s corporate, financial and industrial environment, promptly reporting any changes which may require action by the Board, Managing Director or staff
- Oversee the timely lodgement of all tax documents
- Provide financial management reports for the CFO, monthly operational reports for Board Meetings, and end-of-year financial statements for audit and inclusion in the Company’s Annual Report
- Ensure the annual audit is conducted in accordance with internal and external schedules for annual reporting
- Maintain effective deed, contract and project record-keeping, including timesheet recording and monitoring to ensure ongoing project profitability
- Advise and monitor staff on their compliance to timesheet recording requirements
- Complete and lodge regulatory reports to local regulatory authorities in a timely manner
- Maintain effective professional relationships with external bodies such as government agencies, creditors and debtors, as well as service providers (insurance agencies, banks, accountants and auditors)
- Ensure that all financial obligations including rent, salaries, etc. are paid in a timely manner
Human Resources Management
- In close consultation with the CEO and Managing Director, ensure that policies and procedures manuals are updated to support the needs of the organisation as well as maintaining current legislative compliance
- Manage and oversee staff recruitment and induction, ensuring all staff are issued the current employment policy and are updated when changes occur, and support the Managing Director through the recruitment and induction of new employees
- Maintain accurate staff records including salary, annual leave, sick leave, timesheets, liaising with the Managing Director to monitor leave accruals
- Supervise and manage direct reports positively to foster a culture of initiative and collaboration
- Maintain a schedule of performance review and contract renewals, ensuring completion of all reviews and recommendations in a timely manner
Office and Membership Management
- Oversee the efficient operations of the office
- Coordinate the day-to-day running of the office and its facilities including IT needs, general amenity, security and workplace safety
- Manage asset acquisition and disposal including IT, and maintain the assets register
- Maintain an appropriate level of insurance coverage for all business insurance policies including workplace health and safety, public liability, professional indemnity, assets and office equipment.
Key competencies required:
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with other staff.
- Excellent written and spoken communications with ability to adjust tone and style to meet internal requirements.
- Ability to think independently and make informed decisions and initiate appropriate actions.
- Ability to quickly analyse data and respond to changing business requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time.
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years business operations or office management experience, with an undergraduate degree in business management, operations management, commerce or finance/accounting
- Superior financial management skills and a demonstrable record of effective budget management and high-level financial planning.
- Advanced business software skills including the MS Office suite, Quickbooks (or similar) and databases.
- Strong process and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, and a proactive approach to managing staff.
- Excellent communications and professional writing skills.
- Superior relationship management skills across all modes.
- Resourcefulness, with a keen sense of initiative in identifying and analysing problems, systems and solutions.
- Experience in leading and managing change
- Employment experience within a global organisation
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to email@example.com indicating the title (OPERATIONS MANAGER K’sh100,000 – K’sh150,000) on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly send your applications before the 27th July, 2013