Head of Credit Support
Job Ref No: Cr102013
Reporting to the Director Credit, the role holder will offer leadership in the overall management of the Group Non-Performing Credits, formulate/identify, review and implement policies, strategies / action plans to recover/restructure or restore to performance non-performing loans and provide advice to avoid such situations arising in future.
- Overall management of non performing debts to prevent deterioration and improve the bank’s lending asset quality.
- Control specific provisions within budget and ensure adequate levels of provisioning on all accounts in accordance with the laid down credit policies.
- Managing recovery costs within budgets.
- Compliance with the bank’s Credit/NPL Policies and CBK Prudential Guidelines on loan classification and provisioning.
- Timely submission of NPL returns to the Group Board and CBK.
- Formulation of exposure/recovery strategies, action plans and supervising implementation for expedited closure.
- Reduce non performing credit through aggressive recoveries and viable restructuring thus contributing to the Group bottom line through provisions craw backs.
- Participation in partnership engagement meetings/forums.
- Oversight and support to subsidiaries in the management of the non performing debts.
- Receive and forward all enquiries to relevant Managers.
- University degree preferably in Business related field. Possession of an MBA or other professional qualifications (AKIB/ACIB/AICM will be an added advantage)
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Commercial Banking out of which 4 years must be management experience in Credit function covering Retail, Corporate Credit ,Mortgage credit, Financial analysis, reporting, monitoring and control of loans.
- Risk Analysis and Evaluation, Collaterals/Securities analysis.
- Knowledge of CBK/KCB prudential guidelines regarding lending
- Knowledge about securities and legal issues relating to lending
- Knowledge of Corporate and Mortgage products and administration of credit
- Experience in working closely with lawyers
- Must have attended KCB (or other) management courses on lending.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and written.
- Have the ability to make prompt decisions and be independent in problem solving in assigned duties.
- Possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Be pleasant, honest, outgoing well groomed and self-driven.
- Ability to create and work with teams across the business
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 16th July 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.