Head of Channels
Job Ref No: RB252013
Reporting to the Director Retail, the role is responsible for the management, business delivery, growth, and profitability of the Retail Banking Channels: M-banking, Money Transfer Services, Card Business, Agent Banking, New Branch Outlets and ATMs.
- Formulate and execute the channels Mbanking, Money Transfer Services, Card, Agent Banking and channel expansion) Business Strategy in alignment with the KCB Group Business Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership, direction and pace for Mbanking and Money Transfer Services taking appropriate strategies to make KCB the preferred choice of Mbanking, money transfer and remittance services.
- Develop and implement growth profitability models for each delivery channel.
- Monitor, drive and analyze overall Retail performance against target to ensure achievement of business targets.
- Identify business expansion opportunities and review requests for new business outlets, ATM expansion in liaison with the branches and Regional managers to expand the market share of the Banks Business.
- Drive the business synergies and work hand in hand with the stakeholders to boost up the sales activities of the various Channels in order to achieve the business targets.
- Spearhead the reviews and implementation of quality operations standards, risk management and compliance in every delivery channel with the ultimate aim of reduction of operating costs, fraud and losses through adherence to set policies and procedures and holistic corporate governance
- Management of bank’s tariffs on an annual basis, benchmarking this with competition and changing customer needs.
- Ensure optimization of human, physical resources, channels and forecast on retail needs.
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performing team with clear responsibilities and accountabilities.
- A holder of a degree from a recognized university. An MBA or Master’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 8 years proven experience in Banking Channels, product development, Sales, Credit and Bank operations functions of a commercial bank at a senior managerial level.
- Experience of operating in a multi-channels customer facing environment is essential.
- Exposure to implementing Mobile Banking products.
- Experience in the identification and management of new channels expansion.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of Retail Banking Products, services and the financial services Industry.
- Should have excellent high, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have strong leadership skills with demon
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 17th July 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.