Technical Services Manager, Card Centre
Job Ref No: RB 262013
Reporting to the Senior Manager Acquiring and Support-Card Center, the role will be responsible for managing the card infrastructure (Telephony, software & hardware) and system uptime for the card acquiring business.
- To Implement card payments systems such as – Quickpay solution for Payroll Cards and the Bulk Payment solution for monthly recurrent payments with service providers.
- Responsible for Project Management of Card Infrastructure Implementation and manage Card Acquiring Projects such as - EFTPOS Systems; Hotel Card payment solutions; eCommerce Acquiring.
- Responsible for Maintenance of Card infrastructure and SLAs with POS and third party Systems Providers .
- Preparation of Technical specifications, evaluation of bids and Board Papers of card acquiring systems.
- Liaison between Card Business, IT & Logistics for specification, recommendation and procurement for card infrastructure.
- Enforce compliance of KCB POS systems with standards set by Card Associations (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Amex, JCB & UPI) and other local partners such as Kenswitch, Pesapoint and the regulator (Central Bank of Kenya).
- Implementation and Deployment of point of sale (POS) terminals and Integrated POS solutions.
- Provide technical support to merchants and undertake merchant training on card payment systems.
- Facilitate and coordinate the smooth operation of Card Centre Technical Services to merchants across the Bank’s network.
- Manage, coach and train the Technical Services team.
- University Degree preferably in IT or Computer Science
- Professional qualifications (Networking Certification/Hardware and Software Support Certification/ Systems Security Certification, Card Systems Operation).
- A Master’s degree or Project Management Certification is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ Management experience in IT and card business and must have hands on experience in :
- Card Systems Operations
- Network Security Implementation & Design.
- Project Management.
- Customer Service and Relationship Management
- Knowledge of WAN & LAN design, implementation and monitoring.
- Possess sound knowledge of bank products and ability to offer product solutions to business customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to network and generate new business
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of banking business and operations.
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 19th July 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.