Job Title: Project Manager
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Our client is a leading insurance company with operations within the region.
As a strong and trusted brand leader in the market, the company seeks to recruit a Project Manager for their Nairobi office.
The overall purpose of the role is to:
The overall purpose of the role is to:
The strategy & innovation team is responsible for establishing and leading company-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives.
The project manager in the team will lead a variety of different types of projects including innovation initiatives, launching new products and services, operational efficiency improvements and establishment of alternative channels of distribution
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Project Management or equivalent required
- Project management certification; PMP, PRINCE2, etc
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services that spans the full spectrum of functional and business perspectives, e.g. Audit, Financial Planning and Analysis, Financial Reporting, Operations or other business related field
- 3 to 5 years of strong and demonstrated project management and execution skills with a proven track record of process transformation
- Experience in application of reengineering methodologies such as Six Sigma and Lean preferred
Job Specification- Project Manager
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle for large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan on company-wide strategic initiatives
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering given strategic initiative(s).
- Maintain all relevant documentation related to the project: e.g. regulatory approvals, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, risk assessment reports, etc.
- Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters; Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Develop and conduct briefings to management & other key stakeholders on project status, cost, schedules, trends, accomplishments and other aspects of assigned initiatives
- Propose recommendations and adjustments to project delivery and related solutions throughout the life of the initiative
- Process engineering – continued review of systems and processes (e.g. contracts, procedures & policies, etc). Implementing improvements to develop client experience and financial control
- Assist in developing success criteria, best practices, metrics and benchmarks, monitor and manage adherence to SLAs, KPIs and targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Leadership Skills. Set clear and challenging objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in their team and as individuals. Review progress achieved regularly, publicly and privately recognizing achievement by others
- Innovative. Think of and/or encourages new ideas, and is keen to experiment and see ideas implemented
- Decisive. Make timely and balanced decisions, based on available information but is prepared to review if circumstances change
- Initiative. Take appropriate action before being asked and actively finds solutions to problems
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate, applied experience in establishing and delivering complex projects; Ability to manage multiple deliverables, excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Outstanding analytical, strategic and problem solving skills coupled with strong finance and internal control skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Package: Projects, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 18th July 2013Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted