ICAP at Columbia University (CU) seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for an upcoming health program in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Mombasa, Kenya – Full Time
In coordination with the Chief of Party, and technical oversight from ICAP, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities
- To provide overall direction and technical support in the planning and implementation of M&E activities required for USAID program, including training related to M&E
- To develop, implement, and establish systematic monthly reporting procedures for M&E for patient monitoring and to assess programmatic progress. This will include development of mechanisms to capture patient-level data , supervision of data entry, data management, data quality assurance, data collection, data analysis, dissemination and reporting for the program
- To help develop or refine M&E material, including clinical and patient tracking forms, medication tracking forms, program indicators and data management systems
- To develop, implement and evaluate patient tracking systems
- To provide technical assistance to health care facilities including review of performance and quality of service delivery, on-the-job mentoring for health workers, and evaluation and use of strategic information among health professionals.
- To develop, implement and analyze targeted evaluations
- To advise the MOH/USAID with the implementation of ME systems for PMTCT and HIV Care and Treatment and contribute to national ME training
- Candidates should hold a degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, international health, or related discipline
- Experience in the design, implementation and management of health M&E systems. HIV/AIDS M&E experience preferred.
- High-level computer skills, including ability to rapidly process and analyze data using the following: MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS and/or SAS, and Epi-Info Windows.
- Strong data management and analysis skills Advanced knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring an asset.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
This is a local hire position and the successful candidate will be an employee of ICAP in Kenya subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line.
This position is contingent upon project award and funding.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th July 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.