Finance and Logistics Officer
My client, a venture in the booming building material sector is recruiting a “Finance and Logistics Officer” to support its business growth, the role is based in Nairobi.
- Perform procurement related activities e.g. monitor inventory movements, review demand of goods, note when items need to be procured based on lead times and finance availability.
- Prepare inventory/ non stock requisitions,
- Perform market research for competitive pricing for products that we are procuring.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- See through items from order to delivery at warehouse.
- Prepare and maintain monthly general ledgers;
- Manage bank accounts, cash payments on a day to day basis by posting payments and executing once approvals obtained;
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for management review;
- Prepare periodic tax filings;
- Assists the Financial Controller or equivalent in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Assists the Financial Controller or equivalent in preparing financial projections;
- Assist the Financial Controller or equivalent in analyzing business acquisition and expansion opportunities;
- Analyze cost/benefit of capital expenditures;
- Quantify from a cost perspective suggested changes in operations;
- Serves as the key resource for all levels of management regarding the department’s revenues and expenditures;
- Carry out all support related tasks to the company’s operations e.g. schedule and maintain vehicle services, repairs to properties etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Studying towards or just completed a professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- At least 2-3 years in Finance Department.
- Working knowledge in SAP and Microsoft Office Suite will be an advantage.
- Moderate knowledge of cash flow forecasts and macro-economic variables
- Moderate knowledge of IFRS, accounts preparation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and customer service skill
- Multi-tasking, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Quick learner
Send Email Applications through; firstname.lastname@example.org