Our client is a newly formed faith based Deposit Taking Microfinance (DTM) in Kenya whose vision is to empower all economically and socially.
The client is seeking to fill the position of the CEO with competent and able individual who will translate and actualize the vision of the shareholders.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reporting: Board of Directors
Liaison: All functional heads
The CEO will be the key driver in successful Market entry and growth of the DTM while coordinating and marshaling resources towards a common goal.
- Overall responsibility of developing and implementing the structures, and corporate policies
- In charge of entry and growth strategy formulation and implementation
- Prepare annual budgets, action plans and co-ordinate execution activities within agreed timelines
- Maintaining good client relations and grow the customer loan/deposit portfolio
- Ensure efficient and sound management of financial resources and risks analysis
- Monitor portfolio performance and implement active enforcement of recovery policies.
- Responsible for the proper implementation of high standard internal controls and procedures to safeguard of institution’s activities, operations, assets and data.
- In charge of ensuring internal audit procedures are conducted on periodic and regular basis to ensure integrity of operation and data as well as implementation of recommendations
- Facilitate annual and ad hoc external audits, and ensure that all required information, workings and schedules are provided to external auditors in a timely manner
- Conduct periodic and regular visits to key potential partners on behalf of the DTM
- Visit the branches periodically to provide management and operational oversight;
- Overall responsible for the recruitment and management of staff, capacity building, motivation, performance management, policy formulation and implementation
Key competencies required
- Minimum business -related degree from a reputable institution ,
- 10 years professional banking experience, minimum 5 years at a senior management level.
- Person of high level of integrity
- Proven track record of steering growth
- Added advantage to those experienced in a micro-finance environment
Terms of employment – The position is on a 3 years renewable contract based on performance
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to visit www.postureconsulting.com or email: email@example.com for further information.
Closing date for application 12th July 2013
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted