Post Title : National Administrative Officer
United Nations Office at Nairobi
Grade : NO-D
Category : Fixed Term
Duty Station : Mombasa, Kenya
Issuing Date : 28 June 2013
Closing Date : 04 July 2013
Vacancy Announcement Number: UNSOA/ADMIN/005/2013
- Provides strategic, policy and implementation guidance to administrative support functions and leads/coordinates the development of strategies, administrative procedures, performance standards and mission projects.
- Monitors support services, including procurement of supplies and services;
- transport, travel and traffic, communications, engineering and information technology support;
- and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
Human Resource Management:
- Initiates and coordinates actions covering the entire span of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training, etc.,
- ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Provides advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, privileges and entitlements under the Staff Regulations and Rules.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or Social Sciences. Nine (9) years in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in administration and human resources, financial/budget procurement or logistical operations in international, governmental or non-governmental organizations is required. Extensive knowledge of UN Regulations and Rules and peacekeeping experience is desirable.
Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
Qualified candidates may submit their applications to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vacancy Notice Number and Functional Title in the Subject of the e-mail.
- Attach PHP or P11